Onion Nutrition: In this article, we are going to learn about the Basic Of Onion Nutrition and Health Benefits of Onions, etc
if you are here to learn about the components of onions and the health benefit then you are at the right place.
Basic Onion Nutrition
100 grams of onions contains:
Calories 40 %
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 12%
Vitamin D 0%
Vitamin B-6 5%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 4 mg 0%
Potassium 146 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3%
Dietary fiber 1.7 g 6%
Sugar 4.2 g 0%
Total Fat 0.1 g 0%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0 g 0%
Monounsaturated fat 0 g 0%
Health Benefits and Onion Nutritional Value
1. Diabetes: An increasing consumption of plant foods like onions decreases the risk of diabetes.
2. Heart diseases: An increasing consumption of plant foods like onions also decreases the risk of heart-related diseases.
3. Cancer: This is because of the presence of fiber in onions. Fibers lower the risk of colon cancer, prostate cancer and esophageal and stomach cancer.
Furthermore, men with the highest intake of allium vegetables have the lowest risk of prostate, and esophageal and stomach cancer.
4. Depression: This is because of the presence of folate in onions. Meanwhile, homocysteine prevents blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain, while the folate prevents this chemical from building up.
5. Skin and hair diseases: This is because of the presence of vitamin C in onions. This vitamin C is needed for the building and maintenance of collagen, which provides structure to skin and hair.
6. Obesity: Plant foods such as onions also promote a healthful complexion and overall weight loss.